Skip to main content

Psychiatrist Meeting (updated) and an argument.

As you all know from my post about a little round plaster, I go to see a psychiatrist every 3 months.

This week I complained of symptoms characteristic of mania. All the tell tale signs were there. I answered a lot of questions, some of them embarrassing before my Psychiatrist agreed to try me on another antipsychotic. Its also a mood stabiliser, and it means I can swap my Quetiapine which I don't like, for this new antipsychotic. I have to take it with my evening meal, so around 300 calories. 

My psychiatrist has to write to my GP to explain the rationale behind the new medication as I am already on a lot of medication. We can only hope they agree to it and within a few weeks I can start the new medication. I forget its name, but when my Psychiatrist writes to me as well as the GP I will update this blog post. *Its Latuda.

It seems the only solution to mania is sedation, I explained this to my PDOC in full and why I value my life too much to be sleeping it away. He agreed with me and explained the dosing and PRN medication. There is not much left you see to try with me as I have been on so many medications and some had intolerable side effects. Carbamazepine for one. Its got CARB at the front of its name for a reason..it makes you eat carbs and put on loads of weight!

I also discussed the vagus nerve reset operation. Long story short, I cant have the surgery. Its niche, its a invasive operation and both my pdoc and his colleagues all agree it wouldn't be suitable for me and is best left for those with epilepsy. It was worth a try asking though.

I had an argument with the husband tonight. One thing amongst many thoughts that it taught me, most adult arguments don't end in a apology. They end with stupid questions to get conversation flowing such as "How long have we had that microwave"? and "Has the fridge moved?" Bonding over a cup of tea as a peace offering,

 Besides I can always tell I'm right by the sound of my husband furiously tapping his laptops keys and then the sound of silence.

Stay Fresh!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PIP should be paid in vouchers?

"PIP should be paid in vouchers"  I'll explain in detail why this is a bad idea, but can I ask why all the solutions to the imagined mass fraud is to hurt disabled people more in the process? I'm sure some people think they're doing the right thing, many probably understand fine well it would hurt disabled people and they have forgotten they can become disabled at any point in their lives.  Instead of starting with how it would hurt us (disabled people) I'll explain how it would hurt the state.  It would cost MILLIONS to set up a whole IT system, set up partnerships with business, the amount of civil servants that would need to oversee invoices would just be immense. It would cost more than it would ever be intended to save, sort of like the current assessment system that sees tax payers cash endlessly going to tribunals because they've refused a disabled person help, 2/3rds of all claimants that take their case to full tribunal win. It again costs the sta...

A review: Portswood High Street and Chaiiwala.

  Whenever I go to Portswood, it never fails to stop me in my tracks by how much litter is just everywhere. The bins are always overflowing. Portswood is neither inferior nor superior; it just is. Residents are more than a little ticked off with the protests from the far right and far left, and the police presence that goes with that. The traffic is always hectic when these protests take place, hard to navigate when all you want to do is pop to the shops for a quick bite.  Portswood has a high number of muslims in the area and as such most eateries are halal. Problematic for many people, especially Christians. There are some churches within Portswood, but I have never stepped foot into a charismatic flavour known as Victory church. I hear they are popular, but I am more of the contemplative type.  There are some good businesses on Portswood High Street. They have a large Sainsbury's, with an Argos inside. Shame they never have anything in stock. A popular Waitrose serves ...

PIP and how society treats the disabled.

  Maybe the real problem with society is that people don’t think disabled people should be allowed any joy. They have to stay in their homes, moping, being sad, and not having any fun. Because everyone else is really fucking miserable. Therefore, we have to be too. And this is why people have so much of a problem with what disabled people spend their money on. “ If they are spending my hard-earned cash, then they need to be miserable” “ They can’t have nice hair or lashes” heaven forbid a disabled person makes an effort with their appearance. “ They can’t drink or smoke” but what if that is a coping mechanism for them to stay alive? “ They can’t have holidays! I can't afford a holiday, so why should they get one!” People forget that PIP is not an out-of-work benefit; it is there to cover the costs of things associated with disability and independence. People also forget that disabled people may have a working partner, families who give them money, inherita...