Skip to main content

Cracking time.

 


This was my view today. Its my local but very good Chiropractors.

I have Costochondritis. Its an inflammatory condition, whereby the ribs cartlidge becomes inflamed. Its very painful and take a long while to heal. I also have disks that are bulging and mild scoliosis. My shoulder blade was hurting me the most, today Matthew cracked my back into place. It was a tender sessions with the chiropractic bench doing most of the work. Its a shame that Matthew is leaving as he is one of the good ones that takes gentle time with me.

I recently had a MRI scan to confirm my diagnosis, the physiotherapist seems to think its all in my head but Matthew said that there has been quite a few occasions where when physio say one thing chiropractic say another. For instance the physio that saw me did not spot that I had one leg shorter than the other! Its not unusual for a Chiropractor to look at a scan and find things that a physio misses completely. 

Matthew gave me a good treatment and some exercises to do. It is well worth a visit to a Chiropractor if you are in pain and not getting anywhere with physio. Its not always all in your head, sometimes it takes a different person with a different skill set to point out what needs treatment. I go back in a month where Matthew reckons I should be able to return to swimming. I miss being in the water and splashing about. Matthew said just to get rid of gravity for a while and to just float in the water would be beneficial. its just getting out of the pool as it requires climbing up some steps, that's the problem. There is no way I am being hoisted out of the pool either! 

Have you needed Chiropractic? Would you give it a go? Has physio left you high and dry?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PIP should be paid in vouchers?

"PIP should be paid in vouchers"  I'll explain in detail why this is a bad idea, but can I ask why all the solutions to the imagined mass fraud is to hurt disabled people more in the process? I'm sure some people think they're doing the right thing, many probably understand fine well it would hurt disabled people and they have forgotten they can become disabled at any point in their lives.  Instead of starting with how it would hurt us (disabled people) I'll explain how it would hurt the state.  It would cost MILLIONS to set up a whole IT system, set up partnerships with business, the amount of civil servants that would need to oversee invoices would just be immense. It would cost more than it would ever be intended to save, sort of like the current assessment system that sees tax payers cash endlessly going to tribunals because they've refused a disabled person help, 2/3rds of all claimants that take their case to full tribunal win. It again costs the sta...

A review: Portswood High Street and Chaiiwala.

  Whenever I go to Portswood, it never fails to stop me in my tracks by how much litter is just everywhere. The bins are always overflowing. Portswood is neither inferior nor superior; it just is. Residents are more than a little ticked off with the protests from the far right and far left, and the police presence that goes with that. The traffic is always hectic when these protests take place, hard to navigate when all you want to do is pop to the shops for a quick bite.  Portswood has a high number of muslims in the area and as such most eateries are halal. Problematic for many people, especially Christians. There are some churches within Portswood, but I have never stepped foot into a charismatic flavour known as Victory church. I hear they are popular, but I am more of the contemplative type.  There are some good businesses on Portswood High Street. They have a large Sainsbury's, with an Argos inside. Shame they never have anything in stock. A popular Waitrose serves ...

PIP and how society treats the disabled.

  Maybe the real problem with society is that people don’t think disabled people should be allowed any joy. They have to stay in their homes, moping, being sad, and not having any fun. Because everyone else is really fucking miserable. Therefore, we have to be too. And this is why people have so much of a problem with what disabled people spend their money on. “ If they are spending my hard-earned cash, then they need to be miserable” “ They can’t have nice hair or lashes” heaven forbid a disabled person makes an effort with their appearance. “ They can’t drink or smoke” but what if that is a coping mechanism for them to stay alive? “ They can’t have holidays! I can't afford a holiday, so why should they get one!” People forget that PIP is not an out-of-work benefit; it is there to cover the costs of things associated with disability and independence. People also forget that disabled people may have a working partner, families who give them money, inherita...