Skip to main content

HMRC Strikes, Xmas lights, Oh Brother!

 Well I was doing quite well until the post came. Apparently we have been overpaid by the DWP and owe around £500. No explanation, no proof of breakdown, nothing. They say it so it must be right. On top of that they say that the figure we are looking at might change and they will confirm this in writing.They say the DWP will write to us and you can bet your backside they will take it in one lump sum just before Xmas. 

And its not just us, a few of our friends have had this letter also. We are going to call the DWP back tomorrow to confirm this is accurate and not some scam. They left no breakdown, dates etc of when this overpayment happened. How do we even know if it is correct? Another headache for us to sort out.

I did however manage to speak to my brother. This is a rarity. He is always busy with his three gorgeous children, and I understand this so dont push the matter. One of his kids, my nephew is turning out to be a superstar. I cant go into details here on this blog but lets just say he is a absolute star! 

Went out with Barry at the end of the day. Shirley high street where i live have put up the xmas lights. If you squint and turn your head sideways you might just see them. Well done Southampton City Council for going all out this year.


I went shopping in Lidl. Funny place to be, buying pastries when it comes to the checkout is always a mission. You input what you have got and then it bleeps and farts at you that you have the wrong item in the bagging area. It just doesnt like baguettes and doughnuts. 

Every time the bloody machine bleeps and flashes. How hard can it be to understand that we have 1 doughnut in the bagging area. Each time staff come along they say we did nothing wrong its just the machine. I cant not buy my son a baguette if I come to Lidl, he hoovers it up within seconds.

Not looking forward to a morning tomorrow on the phone. However it has to be sorted so just kind of grit you teeth and get on with it. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PIP should be paid in vouchers?

"PIP should be paid in vouchers"  I'll explain in detail why this is a bad idea, but can I ask why all the solutions to the imagined mass fraud is to hurt disabled people more in the process? I'm sure some people think they're doing the right thing, many probably understand fine well it would hurt disabled people and they have forgotten they can become disabled at any point in their lives.  Instead of starting with how it would hurt us (disabled people) I'll explain how it would hurt the state.  It would cost MILLIONS to set up a whole IT system, set up partnerships with business, the amount of civil servants that would need to oversee invoices would just be immense. It would cost more than it would ever be intended to save, sort of like the current assessment system that sees tax payers cash endlessly going to tribunals because they've refused a disabled person help, 2/3rds of all claimants that take their case to full tribunal win. It again costs the sta...

PIP and how society treats the disabled.

  Maybe the real problem with society is that people don’t think disabled people should be allowed any joy. They have to stay in their homes, moping, being sad, and not having any fun. Because everyone else is really fucking miserable. Therefore, we have to be too. And this is why people have so much of a problem with what disabled people spend their money on. “ If they are spending my hard-earned cash, then they need to be miserable” “ They can’t have nice hair or lashes” heaven forbid a disabled person makes an effort with their appearance. “ They can’t drink or smoke” but what if that is a coping mechanism for them to stay alive? “ They can’t have holidays! I can't afford a holiday, so why should they get one!” People forget that PIP is not an out-of-work benefit; it is there to cover the costs of things associated with disability and independence. People also forget that disabled people may have a working partner, families who give them money, inherita...

A hectic morning

 It's 5am. The sun is shining with an orange-red glow on my net curtains, I had to capture it for you. I grabbed a coffee with collagen in it. Without the collagen my joints really hurt. Then I headed outside to water my herbs and get the washing in.  Its hot out there already in this heatwave we have been experiencing. Yes its been great for getting outdoor work done, but it is exhausting as there is little breeze and my fibromyalgia plays up big time in the heat. Not to mention I could go toxic on Lithium. Can't recommend this book enough! Really good read if you want to do any type of writing. There are no secrets or rules. You have to want to write like you not someone else. I have found this book invaluable. When I sit down and take a painkiller if my back is hurting too much, I read this book. It helps. With fibromyalgia, it can flare at any point. I had to catch a taxi home the other day as it felt like wading through waist-high wet sand with blood pouring out of the so...