Skip to main content

Peaceful day

Had a peaceful day, managed to call the DWP and Universal Credit. Both confirmed the amount we owe, and that they wouldn't take it back in one lump sum. They are going to take it back in small increments over the next year or so. So that's a worry out of my mind.

I noticed Right Move estate agents sent me a list of 28 new properties to look through. Barry has a property viewing Friday morning. I am hoping we will go for it as you know I just want to move and be done with. Its not far from where we currently live but a new area all the same. 

Paul is doing really well with his home education. Today I discussed college with him and a college course not far from us that is gaming development. I also told him he could go straight into work and the average salary for a game developer is around £30 an hour. He was amazed. I also told him he could easily go into lighting and audio as a side hustle if he came to terms with different software and technology. For now we are doing a diploma in Game Development. College is not far off and that he would need various GCSE's to get into the college first. I am emailing the college for further advice, although last time I did this they ignored me.

I am knitting a new scarf for a Jamaican gentleman who gets cold really easily. I am trying to be quick about it, but my back is really playing up. I've been to Chiropractic but my back is still being naughty. I am sat here with a hot water bottle on and listening to music to take my mind off of the pain.

Paul is here with me as Barry has gone out and Paul is showing my the latest inventions in cyberspace. He is definitely a games developer in the making. Its good because at 44 I still don't know what I want to do and Paul has figured it out age 13. The boy will go far. 

Heres my view at the moment...because I missed the snow!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PIP should be paid in vouchers?

"PIP should be paid in vouchers"  I'll explain in detail why this is a bad idea, but can I ask why all the solutions to the imagined mass fraud is to hurt disabled people more in the process? I'm sure some people think they're doing the right thing, many probably understand fine well it would hurt disabled people and they have forgotten they can become disabled at any point in their lives.  Instead of starting with how it would hurt us (disabled people) I'll explain how it would hurt the state.  It would cost MILLIONS to set up a whole IT system, set up partnerships with business, the amount of civil servants that would need to oversee invoices would just be immense. It would cost more than it would ever be intended to save, sort of like the current assessment system that sees tax payers cash endlessly going to tribunals because they've refused a disabled person help, 2/3rds of all claimants that take their case to full tribunal win. It again costs the sta...

A review: Portswood High Street and Chaiiwala.

  Whenever I go to Portswood, it never fails to stop me in my tracks by how much litter is just everywhere. The bins are always overflowing. Portswood is neither inferior nor superior; it just is. Residents are more than a little ticked off with the protests from the far right and far left, and the police presence that goes with that. The traffic is always hectic when these protests take place, hard to navigate when all you want to do is pop to the shops for a quick bite.  Portswood has a high number of muslims in the area and as such most eateries are halal. Problematic for many people, especially Christians. There are some churches within Portswood, but I have never stepped foot into a charismatic flavour known as Victory church. I hear they are popular, but I am more of the contemplative type.  There are some good businesses on Portswood High Street. They have a large Sainsbury's, with an Argos inside. Shame they never have anything in stock. A popular Waitrose serves ...

PIP and how society treats the disabled.

  Maybe the real problem with society is that people don’t think disabled people should be allowed any joy. They have to stay in their homes, moping, being sad, and not having any fun. Because everyone else is really fucking miserable. Therefore, we have to be too. And this is why people have so much of a problem with what disabled people spend their money on. “ If they are spending my hard-earned cash, then they need to be miserable” “ They can’t have nice hair or lashes” heaven forbid a disabled person makes an effort with their appearance. “ They can’t drink or smoke” but what if that is a coping mechanism for them to stay alive? “ They can’t have holidays! I can't afford a holiday, so why should they get one!” People forget that PIP is not an out-of-work benefit; it is there to cover the costs of things associated with disability and independence. People also forget that disabled people may have a working partner, families who give them money, inherita...