Skip to main content

Snuffles and pissed at Deliveroo.

 We all have a cold! Tissues and heaters are the order of the day. We have a wreath making workshop to go to on Friday which I dont think we will attend. I've got to get my depot injection on Wednesday and the house valuation is also on Friday. I'm sure if we feel no better tomorrow we will have to cancel too. My family are supposed to be coming down on Saturday so I have to be better for them. Honestly each year we catch the flue because of how cold it is in this house. We have heaters on but it doesn't keep the cold at bay. Last year we all had a chest infection that turned into pneumonia. 

Perhaps moving out is a blessing rather than a hurt after all, besides if like me its a choice between heating and eating maybe moving to a property with a higher EPC rating is just as well. Meanwhile I have my beef with Deliveroo. Spent £30 on cold and flu supplements only for the driver to give me someone else's bag. I opened it up to find senna and califig that I spend all that money on. There were two bottles of water so I didn't notice the weight difference. By the time I went back outside he was long gone. I contacted Deliveroo and eventually and I mean eventually they gave us a refund. Not without a bloody struggle though. 

Honestly if you dont know your job or are unhappy with it, do someone a favour and get a job you like or at least can get on with. The driver was so grumpy and annoyingly he asked my date of birth and code. Then gave me the wrong order. Someone out there has got a bag full of remedies for free as I expect they will ask for a refund too. I hope the driver was told what he did as it was out or order and he may be doing that with everyone, i mean he had one job , look at the label and give the right bag to the right door.

Honestly its not rocket science! I'm now about as stable as a bedsheet that keeps popping off at the corner. I'm snuffled up and I am relying on Sudafed and I could have done without Deliveroo being morons.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PIP should be paid in vouchers?

"PIP should be paid in vouchers"  I'll explain in detail why this is a bad idea, but can I ask why all the solutions to the imagined mass fraud is to hurt disabled people more in the process? I'm sure some people think they're doing the right thing, many probably understand fine well it would hurt disabled people and they have forgotten they can become disabled at any point in their lives.  Instead of starting with how it would hurt us (disabled people) I'll explain how it would hurt the state.  It would cost MILLIONS to set up a whole IT system, set up partnerships with business, the amount of civil servants that would need to oversee invoices would just be immense. It would cost more than it would ever be intended to save, sort of like the current assessment system that sees tax payers cash endlessly going to tribunals because they've refused a disabled person help, 2/3rds of all claimants that take their case to full tribunal win. It again costs the sta...

A review: Portswood High Street and Chaiiwala.

  Whenever I go to Portswood, it never fails to stop me in my tracks by how much litter is just everywhere. The bins are always overflowing. Portswood is neither inferior nor superior; it just is. Residents are more than a little ticked off with the protests from the far right and far left, and the police presence that goes with that. The traffic is always hectic when these protests take place, hard to navigate when all you want to do is pop to the shops for a quick bite.  Portswood has a high number of muslims in the area and as such most eateries are halal. Problematic for many people, especially Christians. There are some churches within Portswood, but I have never stepped foot into a charismatic flavour known as Victory church. I hear they are popular, but I am more of the contemplative type.  There are some good businesses on Portswood High Street. They have a large Sainsbury's, with an Argos inside. Shame they never have anything in stock. A popular Waitrose serves ...

PIP and how society treats the disabled.

  Maybe the real problem with society is that people don’t think disabled people should be allowed any joy. They have to stay in their homes, moping, being sad, and not having any fun. Because everyone else is really fucking miserable. Therefore, we have to be too. And this is why people have so much of a problem with what disabled people spend their money on. “ If they are spending my hard-earned cash, then they need to be miserable” “ They can’t have nice hair or lashes” heaven forbid a disabled person makes an effort with their appearance. “ They can’t drink or smoke” but what if that is a coping mechanism for them to stay alive? “ They can’t have holidays! I can't afford a holiday, so why should they get one!” People forget that PIP is not an out-of-work benefit; it is there to cover the costs of things associated with disability and independence. People also forget that disabled people may have a working partner, families who give them money, inherita...