Skip to main content

Failed Housing Offer

 Two days ago I received an email and phone call by a housing association asking not whether I wanted to accept an offer or not, but when could I send them over every piece of ID I owned. Naturally I thought this was a scam and so blocked the emails and number. This morning however I got a letter saying it was indeed a natural offer of a 2 bed flat in a new build estate. I looked up the housing association and my joy was short lived.

Everyone on Trustpilot left a negative review, some people without electricity, horrendous ASB, doors not fixed properly, 9 months to have a returned phone call, paper thin walls, mould and rust in a new build. We contacted the housing association and true to form they said they would call us back. This was hours ago and they still haven't returned the call. So its likely that we will turn this offer down.

Its my fault I should have researched the housing association properly before I put in a bid on the property. From now on this is what I will be doing. I still have 2 lifelines left to accept a property and at least I know my bids are getting through. Funny thing is I know I was about 8th or 9th on that flat so all those people before me for whatever reason also turned the flat down.

I still unwell, me and Barry reckon we have covid again although we don't have any more tests in the house. Its exactly the same symptoms as before. This will be the 4th time I have caught covid. Not sure whether my brother is coming down at the weekend, we currently have a major storm on the way and weather and traffic is meant to be chaos. To keep my occupied whilst I'm ill I'm reading Magical Britain 650 Enchanted and Mythical sites and Britain's Pilgrim Places. I highly recommend if you are into 'thin' places, spirituality of places and places of interest.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PIP should be paid in vouchers?

"PIP should be paid in vouchers"  I'll explain in detail why this is a bad idea, but can I ask why all the solutions to the imagined mass fraud is to hurt disabled people more in the process? I'm sure some people think they're doing the right thing, many probably understand fine well it would hurt disabled people and they have forgotten they can become disabled at any point in their lives.  Instead of starting with how it would hurt us (disabled people) I'll explain how it would hurt the state.  It would cost MILLIONS to set up a whole IT system, set up partnerships with business, the amount of civil servants that would need to oversee invoices would just be immense. It would cost more than it would ever be intended to save, sort of like the current assessment system that sees tax payers cash endlessly going to tribunals because they've refused a disabled person help, 2/3rds of all claimants that take their case to full tribunal win. It again costs the sta...

A review: Portswood High Street and Chaiiwala.

  Whenever I go to Portswood, it never fails to stop me in my tracks by how much litter is just everywhere. The bins are always overflowing. Portswood is neither inferior nor superior; it just is. Residents are more than a little ticked off with the protests from the far right and far left, and the police presence that goes with that. The traffic is always hectic when these protests take place, hard to navigate when all you want to do is pop to the shops for a quick bite.  Portswood has a high number of muslims in the area and as such most eateries are halal. Problematic for many people, especially Christians. There are some churches within Portswood, but I have never stepped foot into a charismatic flavour known as Victory church. I hear they are popular, but I am more of the contemplative type.  There are some good businesses on Portswood High Street. They have a large Sainsbury's, with an Argos inside. Shame they never have anything in stock. A popular Waitrose serves ...

PIP and how society treats the disabled.

  Maybe the real problem with society is that people don’t think disabled people should be allowed any joy. They have to stay in their homes, moping, being sad, and not having any fun. Because everyone else is really fucking miserable. Therefore, we have to be too. And this is why people have so much of a problem with what disabled people spend their money on. “ If they are spending my hard-earned cash, then they need to be miserable” “ They can’t have nice hair or lashes” heaven forbid a disabled person makes an effort with their appearance. “ They can’t drink or smoke” but what if that is a coping mechanism for them to stay alive? “ They can’t have holidays! I can't afford a holiday, so why should they get one!” People forget that PIP is not an out-of-work benefit; it is there to cover the costs of things associated with disability and independence. People also forget that disabled people may have a working partner, families who give them money, inherita...