Skip to main content

Distinction and emailing the Prime Minister

 


So today I decided to send the most important email of my life. I emailed the Prime Minister, Andy Burnham.

I mentioned that God is reasonable and wants to listen to us and react accordingly. I asked Andy to listen to disability action groups. We face utterly vile discrimination. Years of Tory propaganda demonising the disabled as benefit scroungers.

It needs to stop. Cuts to benefits need to stop. We go through degrading and dehumanising procedures and reviews just to get a minimal financial benefit, which in itself is not enough to live off. We live in fear every day that this financial support will be withdrawn.

Fraud is so rare, and it's amazing how everyone seems to know people faking illness for benefits. Amazing still that these people are never reported.

In other news...I passed with a distinction a course that I found difficult and rewarding. From quantum physics to mysticism. Mental health users need to keep the brain from fogging over. It also helps distract from the world's problems. In case you are wondering why I can study but not work, the course I have had for a very long time, and I was only able to do in tiny pieces in between pain and fatigue, psychosis and depression.

As a disabled person, I feel I have to explain myself just for existing. It's not right. It's not bloody right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PIP should be paid in vouchers?

"PIP should be paid in vouchers"  I'll explain in detail why this is a bad idea, but can I ask why all the solutions to the imagined mass fraud is to hurt disabled people more in the process? I'm sure some people think they're doing the right thing, many probably understand fine well it would hurt disabled people and they have forgotten they can become disabled at any point in their lives.  Instead of starting with how it would hurt us (disabled people) I'll explain how it would hurt the state.  It would cost MILLIONS to set up a whole IT system, set up partnerships with business, the amount of civil servants that would need to oversee invoices would just be immense. It would cost more than it would ever be intended to save, sort of like the current assessment system that sees tax payers cash endlessly going to tribunals because they've refused a disabled person help, 2/3rds of all claimants that take their case to full tribunal win. It again costs the sta...

A review: Portswood High Street and Chaiiwala.

  Whenever I go to Portswood, it never fails to stop me in my tracks by how much litter is just everywhere. The bins are always overflowing. Portswood is neither inferior nor superior; it just is. Residents are more than a little ticked off with the protests from the far right and far left, and the police presence that goes with that. The traffic is always hectic when these protests take place, hard to navigate when all you want to do is pop to the shops for a quick bite.  Portswood has a high number of muslims in the area and as such most eateries are halal. Problematic for many people, especially Christians. There are some churches within Portswood, but I have never stepped foot into a charismatic flavour known as Victory church. I hear they are popular, but I am more of the contemplative type.  There are some good businesses on Portswood High Street. They have a large Sainsbury's, with an Argos inside. Shame they never have anything in stock. A popular Waitrose serves ...

PIP and how society treats the disabled.

  Maybe the real problem with society is that people don’t think disabled people should be allowed any joy. They have to stay in their homes, moping, being sad, and not having any fun. Because everyone else is really fucking miserable. Therefore, we have to be too. And this is why people have so much of a problem with what disabled people spend their money on. “ If they are spending my hard-earned cash, then they need to be miserable” “ They can’t have nice hair or lashes” heaven forbid a disabled person makes an effort with their appearance. “ They can’t drink or smoke” but what if that is a coping mechanism for them to stay alive? “ They can’t have holidays! I can't afford a holiday, so why should they get one!” People forget that PIP is not an out-of-work benefit; it is there to cover the costs of things associated with disability and independence. People also forget that disabled people may have a working partner, families who give them money, inherita...