Dynamic disability: A health condition where a person's symptoms, functional abilities, and energy levels change unpredictably. These fluctuations can shift from day to day or even within a single hour, meaning someone might use a mobility aid or need rest on one day and feel able to walk unassisted the next.
The amount of suspicion someone with a dynamic disability faces is unreal. Even GPs who really ought to know better join in with the disbelieving remarks in patients' notes.
I was criticised for getting out of my wheelchair unaided and lying on a couch for an examination. I never said my legs were broken; I said it was due to chronic fatigue.
I do wish the public would stop fixating on what is or isn't broken with someone and instead focus on real things that are broken and need fixing, ...like the M frigging 27.

Comments
Post a Comment