Skip to main content

GP appointment and wheelchair woes.

 


Overnight, I recognised that my throat was burning, not like heartburn, but like drinking a spirit and the hot warmth that spreads throughout, type of burn. My thyroid has always been dodgy, and recently I had an abnormal result, which meant I had to decrease my Levothyroxine.
The other day, I felt so fatigued in town that I had to get a taxi back home. Then, whilst I was cooking chicken, I felt like I was going to faint.

I have now bought a manual wheelchair. This should do me until I can afford an electric wheelchair.



So I walked to the GP this morning, who checked my thyroid and agreed to run a blood test to see if anything is going on. I am being tested for Hashimoto's and Graves' disease, also. GP also said she thinks I have a virus, and she is running a full blood panel. I am having the blood test this Saturday.

If my blood tests come back as normal, then it looks like my Fibromyalgia is worsening. I have discussed with Barry that we need the electric wheelchair asap, because if anything were to happen to Barry, Paul, and me, we would be stuck in the house. That means we are vulnerable. I don't like that. An electric wheelchair would mean I can go out by myself and do things. It's workable with an electric wheelchair, but with a manual wheelchair, it means I am reliant on Barry.

Thats not a nice feeling to have.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PIP should be paid in vouchers?

"PIP should be paid in vouchers"  I'll explain in detail why this is a bad idea, but can I ask why all the solutions to the imagined mass fraud is to hurt disabled people more in the process? I'm sure some people think they're doing the right thing, many probably understand fine well it would hurt disabled people and they have forgotten they can become disabled at any point in their lives.  Instead of starting with how it would hurt us (disabled people) I'll explain how it would hurt the state.  It would cost MILLIONS to set up a whole IT system, set up partnerships with business, the amount of civil servants that would need to oversee invoices would just be immense. It would cost more than it would ever be intended to save, sort of like the current assessment system that sees tax payers cash endlessly going to tribunals because they've refused a disabled person help, 2/3rds of all claimants that take their case to full tribunal win. It again costs the sta...

A review: Portswood High Street and Chaiiwala.

  Whenever I go to Portswood, it never fails to stop me in my tracks by how much litter is just everywhere. The bins are always overflowing. Portswood is neither inferior nor superior; it just is. Residents are more than a little ticked off with the protests from the far right and far left, and the police presence that goes with that. The traffic is always hectic when these protests take place, hard to navigate when all you want to do is pop to the shops for a quick bite.  Portswood has a high number of muslims in the area and as such most eateries are halal. Problematic for many people, especially Christians. There are some churches within Portswood, but I have never stepped foot into a charismatic flavour known as Victory church. I hear they are popular, but I am more of the contemplative type.  There are some good businesses on Portswood High Street. They have a large Sainsbury's, with an Argos inside. Shame they never have anything in stock. A popular Waitrose serves ...

PIP and how society treats the disabled.

  Maybe the real problem with society is that people don’t think disabled people should be allowed any joy. They have to stay in their homes, moping, being sad, and not having any fun. Because everyone else is really fucking miserable. Therefore, we have to be too. And this is why people have so much of a problem with what disabled people spend their money on. “ If they are spending my hard-earned cash, then they need to be miserable” “ They can’t have nice hair or lashes” heaven forbid a disabled person makes an effort with their appearance. “ They can’t drink or smoke” but what if that is a coping mechanism for them to stay alive? “ They can’t have holidays! I can't afford a holiday, so why should they get one!” People forget that PIP is not an out-of-work benefit; it is there to cover the costs of things associated with disability and independence. People also forget that disabled people may have a working partner, families who give them money, inherita...