Skip to main content

Its been a whole year since I blogged...homelessness, self employment, home education

 


Last time I blogged, my family had a nightmare of having to find accommodation immediately, as the property we were in was being sold from under our feet. It was a desperate situation. Thank God we have a God of miracles. Barry found us a 3-bed semi-detached in Southampton. We moved last July and have been busy sorting out our rushed, hectic move-out. We still have not put one of the beds together.

Paul is being home educated and is happy at this new place. I like it here too. I have a back garden, and I have just put up a walk-in greenhouse. 

I dropped a toxic friend from my life permanently. I twigged he had attracted monitoring spirits to watch me 24/7 due to his jealousy of me being successful. Every time I did something good and wholesome he would find fault, slag me off, and do down my achievement. He was always foaming at the mouth when things were going wrong. He loved my homelessness situation telling me that I would end up back in council emergency accommodation, my worst fear.

I moved house and cut permanent ties with him. Do look up monitoring spirits.

We, however, are happy and working towards our own goals as a family. I am still on benefits due to my various conditions, but I am not planning on being on them for a lifetime. Until I have my medication sorted and I am well, I will go self-employed. In the meantime, I am reading about self-employment and what it entails.
Barry is still working at the church. He is the cornerstone of this family. I do not know what I would do without him.

Christ holds us together, and for that I am grateful. I know I still have a lot of obstacles to overcome, for example, I have just received a benefits letter asking for a PIP review.

Bit by bit and day by day I am taking it in my stride. I have learnt not to worry, it's useless worry gets you nowhere fast.

I will keep you all updated as I go, and hopefully it won't take me a year to update this blog!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PIP should be paid in vouchers?

"PIP should be paid in vouchers"  I'll explain in detail why this is a bad idea, but can I ask why all the solutions to the imagined mass fraud is to hurt disabled people more in the process? I'm sure some people think they're doing the right thing, many probably understand fine well it would hurt disabled people and they have forgotten they can become disabled at any point in their lives.  Instead of starting with how it would hurt us (disabled people) I'll explain how it would hurt the state.  It would cost MILLIONS to set up a whole IT system, set up partnerships with business, the amount of civil servants that would need to oversee invoices would just be immense. It would cost more than it would ever be intended to save, sort of like the current assessment system that sees tax payers cash endlessly going to tribunals because they've refused a disabled person help, 2/3rds of all claimants that take their case to full tribunal win. It again costs the sta...

A review: Portswood High Street and Chaiiwala.

  Whenever I go to Portswood, it never fails to stop me in my tracks by how much litter is just everywhere. The bins are always overflowing. Portswood is neither inferior nor superior; it just is. Residents are more than a little ticked off with the protests from the far right and far left, and the police presence that goes with that. The traffic is always hectic when these protests take place, hard to navigate when all you want to do is pop to the shops for a quick bite.  Portswood has a high number of muslims in the area and as such most eateries are halal. Problematic for many people, especially Christians. There are some churches within Portswood, but I have never stepped foot into a charismatic flavour known as Victory church. I hear they are popular, but I am more of the contemplative type.  There are some good businesses on Portswood High Street. They have a large Sainsbury's, with an Argos inside. Shame they never have anything in stock. A popular Waitrose serves ...

PIP and how society treats the disabled.

  Maybe the real problem with society is that people don’t think disabled people should be allowed any joy. They have to stay in their homes, moping, being sad, and not having any fun. Because everyone else is really fucking miserable. Therefore, we have to be too. And this is why people have so much of a problem with what disabled people spend their money on. “ If they are spending my hard-earned cash, then they need to be miserable” “ They can’t have nice hair or lashes” heaven forbid a disabled person makes an effort with their appearance. “ They can’t drink or smoke” but what if that is a coping mechanism for them to stay alive? “ They can’t have holidays! I can't afford a holiday, so why should they get one!” People forget that PIP is not an out-of-work benefit; it is there to cover the costs of things associated with disability and independence. People also forget that disabled people may have a working partner, families who give them money, inherita...