Well, well well. So it turns out that for the first time in 15 years, I am now mentally stable. My new Psychiatrist is meeting with my old Psychiatrist tomorrow and is going to brag about how she finally got me stable after only meeting with her 2-3 times!
I can just see my old pdoc's face. He tried so hard with me, but nothing worked. We managed to work out that it is a combination of Lithium, Aripiprazole, Clopixol and a measly HRT patch that finally stopped the auditory and visual hallucinations. My mood has balanced right out as well. It's nothing short of miraculous.
I'm so grateful to my old pdoc, as he never gave up on me, but my new pdoc is a Godsend. I think being a woman, she was willing to try new medications and routines with me.
It paid off as I now don't react to situations overemotionally. I don't burst into tears at any kind of sadness. My medication allows me to step back and rationalise what's going on and allows me the time to react sensibly.
The DWP have written to me, they are going to reassess my claim. Usually, this would spiral me into panic and depression; however, this time, I am calmly filling out the form, and my only concern is that it reaches them in the time specified. I am not worrying about perceived ins and outs, I am not panicking and starving myself out of anxiety. I simply mentioned it to my pdoc, and she said someone from the unit should go with me if they ask for a face-to-face assessment, which they probably will.
I feel completely normal. A bit fatigued and hungry from meds, but I am eating a lot of watermelon to counteract the hunger. The only complaint is I feel I have lacked my usual creativity, my usual flair with words and the book I am writing is going slowly because of it.
However, this alone is not enough to give up my sweet spot.

Comments
Post a Comment