So here I am with my favourite cherry brandy ice lolly, after my husband chased the ice cream man down like Mo Farrah. I have an electric fan on me, and I am still too hot. I probably am suffering more due to Perimenopause. Rotten creature and foul thing that it is.
My son is at home with me, and he has another fan on him. The temperature gauge says 27 degrees. It is officially summer, and I hate it. I am more of a winter person. If it is cold, you can always add layers and warm up, but if it's hot, you can't cool down so easily.
I am also on a lot of medication that causes my body to not regulate temperature well. I love Autumn. it was when I was born, and I feel much better on rainy days.
The hot weather also means that I could go toxic on my Lithium. It's not a pretty picture. Shaking, stomach cramps, blurred vision, loose stools. Even for some cases, a trip to the hospital.
Summer is not fun for everyone. It has been said that domestic violence goes up in the summer, especially if the footballs on. People are more inclined to wander to high places and bridges looking for relief from this life.
Animals too. Their paws are scorched on the ground if the inconsiderate owner takes them for walks. Cats can get sunburn on the tips of their ears. Animals can be left in hot cars.
The elderly do not cope as well in the heat, either, sparking hospital admissions.
No, I am glad when summer is over.
I am thankful for a week indoors though, reading and writing and praying for rainy days.

Comments
Post a Comment